Blackfeet Warriors Sculpture - Browning

Blackfeet Warriors Sculpture

From scraps of rusted automobiles, bits of barbed wire and the stones of an old mission school; artist Jay Laber has created a statue of two Native American warriors astride their horses at all four entrances to the Blackfeet Reservation. The first entrance sign was completed in 1999. The bases of these signs were built with recycled sandstone blocks from the buildings at Two Medicine Catholic Mission which was built in the late 1800's. The horses and riders were constructed of old cars which were destroyed in the flood of June 8, 1964. Both events played a major role in the history of our people and continue to do so today.




Mailing Address
Not Available

Street Address
Not Available

Phone: 406-338-7181

Blackfeet Warriors Sculpture can be found along Highway 89, 10 miles north of Dupuyer and about 30 miles south of Browning at the boundary of the Blackfeet Indian Reservation.

One mile west of Cut Bank on Highway 2.

One mile south of the Port Piegan Highway 89.

One half mile south of East Glacier Park Highway 2.

Season
Not Available

Hours
Not Available

Payments
Not Available

Reservations
Not Available

Not Available

Art, Cultural