St. Timothy's Memorial Chapel - Anaconda
St. Timothy's Chapel offers residents and tourists of the Georgetown Lake area and nearby cities a beautiful setting with spectacular views of the Pintlar Mountains and Georgetown Lake for many events.
St. Timothy's Chapel, an ecumenical ministry above Georgetown Lake, is affiliated with the Presbyterian Church. The chapel was dedicated and gifted in 1965 by the Crete Dillon and John W. Bowman family of Sterling, Illinois, to the glory of God, and in remembrance of their son, Timothy Dillon Bowman, who died in 1956 at the age of eighteen. St. Timothy's Memorial Chapel was constructed on a hillside six hundred feet above Georgetown Lake, at the ghost town of Southern Cross, near Anaconda, Montana.
The chapel, built of native stone and generous areas of glass both clear and stained, lifts its Celtic cross from a hillside 600 feet above Georgetown Lake at the ghost town of Southern Cross, near Anaconda. Seating 170 people, the sanctuary windows (at 7,000-foot altitude) overlook Georgetown Lake and afford a full view of the Pintlar Wilderness Area, the Continental Divide, and peaks 11,000 feet high.
St. Timothy's Memorial Chapel has services every Sunday at 11:00am from mid-June through August. Weddings from mid-May through September.
2285 Southern Cross Road
Phone: 888-407-4071 ext 10
St. Timothy's Memorial Chapel is located between Anaconda and Philipsburg on Highway 1 at the ghost town of Southern Cross above Georgetown Lake.
Handicapped Accessible, Parking, Public Restroom